[BCAB] Braille Sense: Connecting to EE Wireless Router

Pele West pele.westlists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 12:49:25 BST 2019

Hi Mike

I suspect that if your machine is a Braille Sense Plus 32 it is not able
to connect to a modern router. I had this problem with my old Braille
Sense QWERTY.

Looking at the hardware specification for the Braille Sense Plus in the
manual, it says "Wireless: WLAN b/g".

The hardware specification for the machine I have, Braille Sense U2
QWERTY says "Wireless: WLAN (IEEE802.11 b/g/n". This is the same for the
Braille Sense U2 Mini.

I don't know what this means, but I do know that I could only connect
our old Braille Sense QWERTY machines to an older router. Once Peter and
I bought Braille Sense U2 QWERTY devices they connected to the new
router.

Apologies for this garbled message. I hope it sheds some light on the
subject. If you have a newer machine, I apologise.

Pele