[BCAB] access on android

Steve Nutt steve at comproom.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 14:21:22 BST 2019

Hi John,

Let's try to answer your questions below:-

hi all yes it's come on loads in the past few years

i must say though i am struggling to say close down an app for instance when
i finesh with lazarillo i should swipe up with two fingers for the app list.

then i swipe up and right with one finger and select actions now if i then
press cancil lazarillo still runs.

That's because you're not focused on the Lazarillo app when you do your up
and right gesture.  So swipe or explore to it first, then do up and right,
and select Actions, but select Close not cancel.

Also, with lazarillo, no need to close it that way, just look for Stop
Exploration at the top left hand side of the screen, then press the Back
button.

the other big gripe of mine is when out and about it's so hard to type
something in  to the phone is their a real good dictation app.

Why is it harder to type on Android than iOS for you?  I am genuinely
curious.  Do you use Double Tap on iOS, rather than Touch Typing?  If you
want Double Tap, then you'd need to buy the Blind Accessibility Keyboard
from the Play Store.

but again though this pixel three aye is amazing.

Pixel three Aye?  It's Pixel 3A, that's figure 3 then A.  I suspect
dictation is screwing that one up.