[BCAB] New Android Accessibility video demonstrations available on Vital Tech

Steve Nutt steve at comproom.co.uk
Fri Jun 14 09:33:47 BST 2019

Hi Darren,

Firstly, I want to say very well done on the Android videos.

Just one minor point, on the Getting Started with Talkback button, you say
"Samsung call it Voice Assistant".  This is not actually true.

Voice Assistant is a separate product, built into Samsung phones.  I mention
this because you can also install Talkback on to Samsung phones, if you
prefer it.  In fact, you can have Volume and Power turn on Voice Assistant,
and Volume Up and Down turn on Talkback, so run the two in tandem if you
want, but not at the same time.  I often do this to test screen reader
functionality on a Samsung phone, if something doesn't work with Voice
Assistant.

Voice Assistant is a "fork" or derivative of an older version of Talkback,
and Samsung have baked in some different more iOS-like gestures.

I hope this helps, and is meant purely constructively.