[BCAB] update on adverse effect on NVDA voices

Giles Turnbull giles.turnbull at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 14:54:33 BST 2019

Just a quick update. My sound problem has fixed itself, sort-of! I
tried using headphones plugged into a USB soundcard the there was no
audio problem. Next I tried plugging the same pair of headphones into
the laptop's headphone socket and again no audio issues. That led me
to think the problem was either with the soundcard / driver or the
laptop's speakers ...

Then something strange happened as I unplugged the headphones ... the
sound problem vanished and is just as it always is :)

It sounds like the RealTek problem that Ian described might have been
to blame, but I haven't been aware of a revised Windows update being
installed today!

Anyway, thanks for reading, and to Ian for his info.

Giles