[BCAB] Auto Save on Exit in Microsoft Office

Adrian Picton adrian.picton at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 11:10:01 BST 2019

Hi,

On one of my PCs running Windows 10, Office 2016 when I close a document in
Word or Excel, for example, I am not asked if I want to save the document
-it just does it. Whilst this can be useful sometimes I may have just opened
the document to read it and may have inadvertently pressed a key or modified
it in some way. This means that I can no longer close the document without
modifying it. Can anyone tell me how to restore the behaviour which prompts
me as to whether or not I wish to save the document when I do Alt F4?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Adrian.