[BCAB] Access to Work

Laurent Cadet de Fontenay laurentd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 12:36:57 GMT 2019

Hi!

I recently put in for a new Braille notetaker for my employed role at
UCL.  During our phone conversation, the advisor asked me whether I
would ever be taking the device home.  I responded that I did
occasionally do some work from home, which is when the issue of
personal benefit arose. That was a bit surprising to me.  I had to
make it clear that the only reasons for taking the device home would
be to get some work done after hours, as all my colleagues do from
time to time, and that was suficient. But it really sounds like
they're tightening up the rules, and I hope this does not pose
barriers to legit claimants getting the equipment they need to become
more efficient tax payers, especially when self-employed!

All best
Laurent