[BCAB] accessible dish washers and washing machines

tim.pennick at btinternet.com tim.pennick at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 25 20:03:06 GMT 2019

Hi Terry and all,

We have a Hotpoint Experience washing machine which I think we bought about 3 years ago.  It has a circle of buttons rather than a revolving knob.  Each button is for a specific programme such as towels and sheets, synthetics etc.  Each button also steps through temperatures having 3 or four choices for each programme, but always starting on the same value so if you want to wash at say 30 degrees you'd know how many times you had to press the relevant button.  It also bleeps to let you know when the programme has finished.

I must admit that despite my best intentions, I haven't actually used this machine very much as my wife always seems to get there first, but it seems like a very well designed machine.

We also have a Bosch dish-washer which only has 3 controls, a power button, a selector knob and a start button.  The selector knob stays set to the programme and doesn't need adjusting each time you use it.  You just press the power and then the start button and it does the biz.  We've had this for a couple of years and as someone else mentioned, the only issues really are with alerts for low salt etc.

HTH,

Tim