[BCAB] playing stations

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgson.io
Tue Oct 1 18:24:03 BST 2019

Hi,

My Alexa device has started doing the same thing this afternoon, it was working fine this morning.

I am able to ask for Radio 4 on my Sonos speakers that have Alexa built-in, its now going through the BBC skill and not TuneIn.  You get the BBC intro music.
I am able to ask Google to play BBC stations on a Sonos speaker and that is going through TuneIn (Google tells me its being played via TuneIn and you don't get the BBC music).
I am not able to ask Alexa (either the Sonos speakers or Echo Dot) to play BBC stations on my non-Alexa Sonos in the bedroom.  If I leave out a room name on the Echo Dot in the bedroom it plays via the BBC skill through the Echo dot itself.  If I ask the Echo or the Sonos to play BBC Radio 4 in bedroom it just tries to play another station in the bedroom that it can get through TuneIn.  Its like Amazon doesn't know that Sonos can still access BBC content via TuneIn but Google does.

Andrew.