[BCAB] Amazon Echo, multi-room music, now BBC won't play on Tune In

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgson.io
Tue Oct 1 18:27:40 BST 2019

Hi,

Simon sent an email to the list explaining that this won't be possible at the moment.  Its not good publicity for the BBC is it.  Here is the text:

Beginning on 30th September, BBC will cease support for BBC live radio
streams via TuneIn on Echo devices. You can still access BBC radio stations
via the "BBC" Alexa skill however, this skill does not currently support
playback via routines, alarms/timers, Multi-Room Music Playback or Echo
companion devices (Echo Sub, Echo Link and Echo Link Amp).

Andrew.