[BCAB] Amazon Echo, multi-room music, now BBC won't play on Tune In

Barry Toner barry at tonermail.co.uk
Tue Oct 1 18:39:00 BST 2019

Wow Andrew,

They are cutting out a stack of use cases there.
I have heard rumoured that the BEEB are developing their own AI speaker….  Perhaps the lack of data Tune In were willing to or able to provide is a nice way of trying to capture their own piece of the market…. Silly, if this happens..  It’ll be a stand-alone device, that the BEEB can collect data and enforce the TV licence…. *Takes tin hat off* lol. Seriously though, what a counter productive move on behalf of the BBC.  Shrugs, I just won’t listen to it as much…. Plenty of other content providers and I can get the stuff I really want on podcasts….

Barry.