[BCAB] playing stations

Jackie Brown jackieannbrown62 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 08:36:48 BST 2019

Because I have the BBC skill activated, I can say to an Echo Dot or Echo, 'Alexa, play BBC Radio Four', and she does.  I can also say to my Sonos speaker with Alexa built into it: 'Alexa, play BBC Radio Four' and she obliges.  I stopped asking her to play BBC stations on TuneIn a while ago because I found them rather flaky.  I don't have my Echo devices grouped so can't comment on that path.  I do have an Alexa alarm to wake me in the morning, but it isn't a radio station, it's just one of the musical alarms you can choose in the Alexa app.  I've never encountered a problem with the reliability of this on my Sonos One, the problems appear to start when you use BBC radio stations for your alarm.

I do, however, have two Google devices grouped, so what I say to her is: 'OK Google, play BBC Radio Four on Downstairs' and she obliges.  Again, I don't say TuneIn because she tells me I don't have a specific music player set up if I do that.

Oh the joys!

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown