[BCAB] Voiceover destination

Katie Vecina katievecina at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 08:33:17 BST 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to help someone get up and running with Voiceover on an iPhone.
He's using iOS 13.1.2 on an iPhone 11 and has a Bose Soundwear Companion.
The Bose Soundwear Companion is paired with the iPhone and audio such as
podcasts comes through the Bose Soundwear Companion.  But Voiceover is still
coming out of the iPhone's speaker.  He wants all audio including Voiceover
to come through the Soundwear Companion.

We tried going into Settings > Accessibility > Voiceover > Audio but
couldn't find a way in there to switch it.  There is a heading that says
"speech channel", which seems to let you select left and/or right for the
Bose Soundwear.  Both were selected by default, we tried deselecting one but
it made no difference, so we set it back to both selected.

In the rotor settings, we made sure that Audio Destination is selected.  But
when we tried to use the rotor we couldn't find the audio destination item.

We tried pairing the Bose Soundwear Companion with my iPhone 6 running iOS
12.4 and it worked correctly with all audio coming through the Bose
Soundwear Companion.

Does anyone know what we are doing wrong or have any suggestions about what
we can try to get all audio including Voiceover coming through the Bose
Soundwear Companion?

Thanks in advance.

Katie