[BCAB] Screen sharing with screen magnification

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgson.io
Mon Oct 7 12:41:00 BST 2019

Hi,

If you find a way that works for you let me know as I would be interested.  I have had issues with this in the past and rely soley on speech if I need to do this.  I have tried the second screen approach but the sharing gets messed up and quite offen switches to the other screen so it isn't reliable.

One thing I have done in the past which does work reliably is to set up a VM and RDP onto the VM without using magnification software on the VM itself.  The magnification is then done on the host machine, and the screen sharing works reliably, all be it that you lose tracking facilities.  This only tends to work with some magnifiers (eg the MS magnifier), I think ZoomText used to stop magnification at the point you RDP onto the machine but can't remember now.

Andrew.