[BCAB] android or chrome os on a desktop?

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgson.io
Wed Oct 9 10:17:51 BST 2019

Hi,

I really don't know where your access issues are coming from, though yes you will need to sort out a new screen reader whatever happens if you want to upgrade to a new OS.

Any Android or ChromeOS you install would be open sourced builds and not official Google builds since Google only provide the builds for the official hardware.  Personally if you want to go down this route I would look at Ubuntu with the Gnome screen reader, but I think you will have a hard time.  Also if you don't have hardware to test this setup you are going to have issues with multi-boot or VMs and that can get complex.

Personally I would look at Windows 10 with NVDA.

Andrew.