[BCAB] bluesound with the google assistant

Steve Nutt steve at comproom.co.uk
Fri Oct 11 10:35:12 BST 2019

Hi John,

Bluesound is different to Sonos, they don't have to bring out a new speaker
to make it work, it works with all their existing line.  That's why I
tweeted the other day, Sonos did Google Assistant first, Bluesound will do
it right.

Bluesound are bringing Google Assistant support to BluOS "in October", so we
can expect an update soon to the BluOS app.

I have asked Bluesound about it, and you won't have to sign into each one to
use it, it will work seamlessly with both.  They already have a skill for
Amazon, they are bringing out a Routine for Google Home.  You will say to
Google something like Talk To BluVoice.  This will open the routine, then
you can say Play X In Living Room.

Or you will be able to do it in one action, Ask BluVoice to play X in Living
Room.

I'm really looking forward to it.

I will be able to tell you more, once I get the update, so we can try Google
Assistant, but Amazon works beautifully with even their oldest speakers.