[BCAB] Facebook Oddity

Giles Turnbull giles.turnbull at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 13:29:13 BST 2019

Hi all,

is anybody else using the mobile version of Facebook,
http://m.facebook.com on a laptop and using Firefox encountering
problems with the search?

Whether I search for a person or a group, I just get the following error:

Your request couldn't be processed
There was a problem with this request. We're working on getting it
fixed as soon as we can.

It's only been doing this for a couple of days. My firefox is up to
date, version 69.0.3 (64-bit) and it was doing it with version 69.0.1
(64-bit) when it first happened, after which I checked for updates and
did the update.

I'm using Win10 and NVDA 2019.2.1.

Firefox is the only browser I regularly use, though Internet Explorer
is still on my machine and when I try the FB search using that it
still works!

I am not interested in recommendations that I change my browser to
Chrome or Edge ... I like Firefox. I'm just curious why the FB search
is not working in Firefox when it is in IE. Is there a work-around to
get it to work? Is it a problem that anybody else is having? all other
aspects of FB seem to be functioning okay ... even the search for
messages is working fine.

Thanks for any ideas :)

Giles