[BCAB] Domain and email hosting recommendations

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgson.io
Sun Oct 13 21:24:13 BST 2019

Hi,

Whilst we're all sounding off on our favourite domain/email hosting providers I always use Gandi www.gandi.net.

The email is very simple, you either get email forwarders to another mailbox or a set amount of POP3/IMAP mailboxes and an outbound relay.  You also get full DNS access to modify the records should you want to redirect email elsewhere (like hosted Exchange on Office365 for example).

Web hosting is very good in my view from Gandi, each instance runs in an isolated container and you have access to do specific items in the host.  Its shared hosting but each customer is isolated from the web server point of view as if they were on their own host or private server.

Andrew.