[BCAB] Domain and email hosting recommendations

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgson.io
Mon Oct 14 12:49:31 BST 2019

Hi,

The performance is handled by you paying for a specific container size that has a specific priority/throttle on CPU and memory limits.  The throttle is done at the container/Docker level and not the web server, though Gandi do actually set throttles on some of the PHP-FPM config based on the size of container you purchase.

Also the containers can be assigned to VMs such that higher performing containers can share resources with lower performing containers to even out the load.  Containers can also be very quickly swapped between hosts.

Andrew.