[BCAB] music services

Steve Nutt steve at comproom.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 13:54:11 BST 2019

Hi all,

Regarding your question of 60s music though John, if they produce it
directly from the master tapes, it can still be better than CD quality.  But
I agree, if you can't hear the difference, then it's not worth worrying
about, but I know I went the right route for me, when I went Bluesound and
then Qobuz as my music service.  It is like night and day compared with
Bluesound on Spotify for examp.le, Qobuz is way better.  But if you can't
hear the difference, then as I say, no point worrying, I am a bit of a hi-fi
snob to be honest, I have good ears and feel I should reward them.

When we first started and it was all MP3, it used to make my ears bleed, and
everyone said how convenient it was to be able to store music that way.  But
we are reaching a point again now where people care about quality of music.