[BCAB] A Desktop.ini file query

George Bell george at techno-vision.co.uk
Tue Oct 15 11:37:56 BST 2019

Hi Jackie,

Just leave it.  Windows knows about these files, and they are quite safe, as well as being very small.

Just one example, which I know you will not have done, is that if say you wanted to change the icon used for a folder or application on your Desktop, that's when the information would be saved.  Delete the relevant desktop.ini file, and you would be back to the default icon.

Likewise, you might change the order in which files are displayed, say by date instead of alphabetical by name.  desktop.ini would store that information for next time you view the list of files.

George