[BCAB] Amazon Music HD (Sonos)

Walter Ramage wpr at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 15 16:34:41 BST 2019

Hi.  To get the full benefit of High Res music files you really need to have the equipment that can present the music as it ought to be heard.  I have a number of high res albums and even when played on a small cheap system, I'm speaking here of my £90 JBL computer speakers the difference is obvious but when played through a high end system then the results are wonderful.  I don't have the knowledge to give any tech explanations but the analogy I would use is it is similar to the difference between listening to a piece of music via an AM broadcast and an FM broadcast.  I have all my CD collection Ripped to.WAV (16-44.1) and I purchased the exact same high res album (24-96 and the difference is very marked.  Of course when it comes to hearing, what we hear and our experience of it is subjective.  Walter.