[BCAB] Idiots guide to audacity for screen reader users

Phil Smalley phil.smalley at whitecane.plus.com
Tue Oct 15 20:05:44 BST 2019

Hi All,

I want to be able to plug a device into my computer, say victor reader
stream, and use audacity to:

1.  Record all from input device and then
2. Chop up the recording into tracks and save as mp3;

I think audacity will help me to do this, but I have no idea where to start.

In Control Panel, Sounds, and Devices within audacity, plugging a device
into the socket on the windows 10 PC changes the status from nothing
connected so I presume this is recognised.  However, if I play through the
device, how do I hear it on the computer so that audacity can manipulate it?

Perhaps there is a specific mailing list for absolute beginners?

Any help much appreciated.

Kind regards

	Phil