[BCAB] Problems With Tesco App With IOS 13

Caroline Ford caroline at ford82.plus.com
Fri Oct 18 20:09:44 BST 2019

Hi,

I sometimes use the Tesco app on my iPhone SE.  Under IOS 12 it worked very
well, but now I've unfortunately upgraded to IOS 13.1.3, I'm experiencing a
major problem.  On the home screen, if I select Browse All Groceries, I
would expect to be able to move through various categories, such as frozen
food, household, etc, but all I'm presented with now is a screen full of
unlabelled buttons.

I've checked with someone else, also using an iPhone SE, who is still
running IOS 12 and who is on the same version of the Tesco app as me
(released a couple of days ago) and they do not have this problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what we can do?  I have sent a
message to Tesco through the app, but I wonder whether anyone knows of a way
to target the people who need to be aware of this more directly.  In all
other respects, such as moving through favourites, the app still seems to
work well, but it's just browsing which has now become a bit of a lottery as
it's not possible to know which section you've landed on until you
double-click on it, only to find that the name of the section then appears
at the top of the screen, but all the sub-sections underneath it are
unlabelled buttons again.

Thanks,

Caroline.