[BCAB] Run JAWS from a Flash Drive

David Griffith daj.griffith at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 19:42:33 BST 2019

It sounds to me that  you might be better off with a dongle version of Jaws.
I am not sure about the pricing and whether this would be an issue for you or employers.
I copy the relevant section from the Jaws Tech Manual below.
Dongle Authorization
A dongle is a hardware device that you can connect to a computer's USB port. One dongle can be used to authorize all Freedom Scientific software products (JAWS, Fusion, and ZoomText). The software is authorized to run on that computer as long as the dongle remains connected. Dongles are useful if you are a trainer or consultant where you frequently use Freedom Scientific software on many different computers as you do not have to worry about activation.
When JAWS starts, it first determines whether a dongle is connected to the computer. If one is connected, JAWS uses the features and information for the license associated with the dongle to authorize JAWS. If no dongle is connected, JAWS searches for the license information stored on the computer. You can use the Dongle Viewer utility to view information on the license associated with the dongle currently connected to your computer. To start this utility, go to the Utilities menu located in the JAWS main window, choose "Explore Utilities Folder", and select Dongle Viewer.
Dongles are sold separately as an add-on for ILM perpetual licenses of JAWS and Fusion Professional and Home, as well as for ZoomText. To purchase one, contact Freedom Scientific Sales. Dongles are not available for adding to a Home Annual license.
.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10