[BCAB] Android apps on a PC

Roger Woolgrove rawoolgrove at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 11:45:15 BST 2019

Hi

Eclipse might still work for Android development but I haven't touched
it in ages.
Sodbeans/Netbeans is the IDE I generally use though you will find the
same issue whichever way you try to handle it, there aren't any
emulators that work with a screen reader.
If you are able to use an Android emulator then Android Studio should be
okay.
For debugging I install the USB driver for the device, not the standard
driver but the one used to run the software via a USB cable.
You'll need to ensure that the device can run non Game Store apps first.
You can then execute and examine any code and output via the IDE or
Windows Prompt as you prefer.