[BCAB] thoughts on a job requirement

Giles Turnbull giles.turnbull at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 08:06:59 BST 2019

Hi all,

I know everybody's skills vary in terms of what they find easy or
difficult to do as a blind person, but I wondered what thoughts you
have on this element of a proofreader job I quite fancy applying for.
The bulk of the role is spotting typos and grammatical errors, but
there is also this:

* To ensure that all inspection reports adhere to the correct
templates, are formatted correctly and meet house style.

I used to use house styles when I worked for the Civil Service in my
sighted days. Now I'm totally blind and use NVDA. I know I can
configure NVDA to read things like margin widths and fonts etc, but
I'm not sure that alone would enable me to detect whether it was the
correct template.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Giles