[BCAB] thoughts on a job requirement

Colin Phelan Colin_Phelan at pmlgroup.com
Tue Oct 22 08:53:06 BST 2019

Hi Giles,
Whilst I would never want to dissuade anyone from applying for a challenging role, from my perspective of decades of producing client facing documents I have never gained the confidence or actually ability to replicate sight in checking a document is formatted and I continue to use a resource to double check all documents before they leave me.
I think the checks and balances to get the final 10% of format would be difficult to complete efficiently and in a productive manner also without being able to see what you are doing.
The spelling etc.. is the easy bit, perhaps a support worker could assist with the final polish.
All the best
Colin