[BCAB] Reformatting as FAT32

Agent Orange agentorange at talktalk.net
Fri Oct 25 09:44:36 BST 2019

I was puzzled by the fact that I had apparently not seen the FAT32 reformat
option on my Win 7 system despite having looked many times.  Having done a
bit more digging I can see that Barry and I are both right, in that the
option is sometimes there, but not when I want it to be.

If I insert an 8GB  flash pen drive into a USB slot, and go to Explorer,
select the drive, press the applications key, go to Format, then the option
to reformat as FAT32 is there.  Just as Barry says.

However, when I insert a brand new 128GB micro SD card into the card reader,
and perform the same operation, the only options are to reformat it as NTFS
or X FAT.  The option to reformat as FAT32 disappears.  Which is what I was
observing.

Hence my need for a separate utility to reformat this micro SD card as
FAT32.

Anyone got any suggestions for a reliable and accessible utility to reformat
a 128GB micro SD card as FAT32?  Or how I can get Windows to allow me to do
it natively?

Thanks

Phil