[BCAB] more disapointment with bbc alexa skill.

Stephen Campbell ipswimmer at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 28 15:20:10 GMT 2019


Hi all
Are use my echo plus and ACCO series 2 to listen to BBC radio Ulster Every morning on TuneIn Radio And there is no problem.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 28 Oct 2019, at 8:54 am, Steve Nutt <steve at comproom.co.uk> wrote:
> 
> Hi Simon,
> 
> There are a lot of problems with third party skills and integration.  For
> example, you can no longer set an alarm to play a BBC station either.
> 
> All the best
> 
> Steve
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: goshawk on horseback <goshawk_on_horseback at fastmail.co.uk> 
> Sent: 28 October 2019 08:40
> To: BCAB Discussion List <bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk>
> Subject: [BCAB] more disapointment with bbc alexa skill.
> Importance: High
> 
> hello all,
> just a further update to the bbc skill conversation that was on here a
> couple of weeks back I think it was. 
> well, then I sent in an e-mail that I received, about it not working with
> multiroom playback, or third devices, such as echo link or echo sub, but now
> I have found something even more disappointing and I would say shoddy about
> it. 
> it won't even work with pares of echoes. 
> I have a pare of echo plus second gen speakers, plus the echo sub. 
> well, when I tried it out, I knew already that it wouldn't work through the
> sub, but was then even more disappointed when the sound would only come out
> of one of the echo plus speakers, so couldn't even get stereo. 
> I tried it out with a couple of stations as well as the show that I
> originally used it for, just to make sure it was consistently happening, and
> not just a one off, and sound from only one speaker every time. 
> so thought I would pass this on. 
> I know if I leave a review about this skill, it will not be a good one. 
> 
> Simon 
> 
> --
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring,
> please visit our website: https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bcab.org.uk%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C50524cf34d8f469680d008d75b847567%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637078496771127654&sdata=zPYUuY8lb3kuSoMRwAJwXdVK5lRAyB2cdInnGD%2Fu6Ms%3D&reserved=0 Manage your subscription
> by logging in with your BCAB account details at :
> https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bcab.org.uk%2Fuser_mailman_register&data=02%7C01%7C%7C50524cf34d8f469680d008d75b847567%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637078496771127654&sdata=mHZ%2BssZkjXax%2BjWp1S60PW%2F%2Bv96jeKyrqgvIpqxBqGc%3D&reserved=0
> Access the publicly searchable list archives at:
> https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.bcab.org.uk%2Fpipermail%2Fbcab%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C50524cf34d8f469680d008d75b847567%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637078496771127654&sdata=IZLk6ir5KuS%2FePwF5BtwnkkLPOJyW4jFSfzZd90g3uA%3D&reserved=0
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email:
> moderator at bcab.org.uk.
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring, please visit our website: https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bcab.org.uk%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C50524cf34d8f469680d008d75b847567%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637078496771137653&sdata=mqFXchsR63lCEB9uEWas2kYCEea3rvC8Rz%2BTrNok%2Fns%3D&reserved=0
> Manage your subscription by logging in with your BCAB account details at : https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bcab.org.uk%2Fuser_mailman_register&data=02%7C01%7C%7C50524cf34d8f469680d008d75b847567%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637078496771137653&sdata=75xzgghGD8ifn6dZ2nysHME25BRNldPE4obI1sAxRQM%3D&reserved=0
> Access the publicly searchable list archives at: https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.bcab.org.uk%2Fpipermail%2Fbcab%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C50524cf34d8f469680d008d75b847567%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637078496771137653&sdata=hWIE%2FtD%2BIIRzeQ8OJldmJJif7nyW2ml2wedi9VDpqXM%3D&reserved=0
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email: moderator at bcab.org.uk.


More information about the Bcab mailing list