[BCAB] Navigating and understanding Google Play Music

Georgina Joyce gena at gena-j.me.uk
Tue Oct 29 12:37:55 GMT 2019

Hello Steve,

Apologies, I should have expressed myself a little better. My aim is to rip CD’s in FLAC then use my Chromecast Audio linked to my stereo system.

I have tried ripping via Windows Media Player which retrieved a CD’s data with a really mangled artist name. Then refused to rip more CD’s just stating 1 or more of the tracks cannot be ripped.

So I turned to my Mac. I downloaded Into audio converter which my Mac won’t run. I found NCH Switch sound converter and have paid for a license as it is accessible and appears to be up-to-date. I need to configure it a little to organise the ripped material to my taste. However, looking at your instructions I cannot see how to cast from my Mac.

I can see a cast option when I VO on the Chrome button. I can select the device I wish to cast to. A search suggests I need sound flower and sound cast. The developer of sound cast states that a commercial product call airfoil should be used instead.

In essence Windows gave up and the Mac is some dance and I am not being able to play flac files to my Chromecast enabled amplifier. I really like using the Mac but it’s a pain. Not sure what to do next and got a head ache.

Thanks,

Gena