[BCAB] Induction Loops & Bluetooth

Roger roger.south at sky.com
Wed Oct 30 08:53:46 GMT 2019

Please forgive the cross posting but I wanted the largest possible audience.
I have for years used Induction loops for my device listening except for my
mobile where I use a Bluetooth headset. This is getting a little flaky and
will soon need replacing. I need a new MP3 player and portable DAISY player.
However the Gee marc headset is no longer sold and I cannot find a
replacement manufacturer and the other devices do not seem to come fitted
with induction loops any longer. I am told to switch to Bluetooth. My
experience with this is it can also be heard by others around me whereas
loops cannot. This means irritation to others which I do not want to do.

My problem is I do not know where to go to get help from people who
understand what I am talking about. A member of one of these lists said if I
turned the volume up loud enough it would engage the loop. We are still
rolling our eyes in disbelief at this one. I am not very gook on the phone
so much prefer the emails but have no contact with either RNIB or RNID. Does
anyone have any ideas as to how I can move forward and solve my problem
please.

Many thanks Roger