[BCAB] Induction Loops & Bluetooth

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgson.io
Wed Oct 30 09:48:24 GMT 2019

Hi,

The advice you have with Bluetooth is incorrect in that in most cases only yourself can get the audio from the device - i.e, there is usually only a one-to-one pairing between your Bluetooth device (like the DAISY player or similar) and your hearing aids.

What type of audio are you mostly trying to listen to and in what format?  I don't believe that many DAISY players have a Bluetooth option, and so you may need to buy a Bluetooth transmitter, which is something that plugs into the headphone socket on any device and sends out the audio to Bluetooth which you can then pair this with your hearing aids.  The other advantage of this is that you can move this device between players and it will just work.  There may be other options, I am not hard of hearing so don't use this stuff for anything other than recreational enjoyment.

Andrew.