[BCAB] Induction Loops & Bluetooth

Ibrahim Gucukoglu igucukoglu at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 30 13:28:13 GMT 2019


Hi Roger
Okay, so presuming you want to use the set of aids which are not Bluetooth enabled, you will need to buy a Bluetooth streamer to enable these hearing aids to receive a Bluetooth sound signal. Once you have said receiver, you will then be able to buy a Bluetooth transmitter device from Amazon for under £20 that will enable you to connect a non-Bluetooth enabled MP3 player or daisy player to your hearing aids. I hope this makes sense. There are a number of third-party induction loop based Bluetooth streaming devices on the market however for the best sound quality, you will want to go for the manufacturer own streaming device. Approach a company ConnEvans Who will be able to tell you what the options are. They are a family run business and specialise in hearing aid accessories. Good luck.

> On 30 Oct 2019, at 10:45, Roger <roger.south at sky.com> wrote:
> 
> Hello Andrew & Ibrahim
> 
> Thank you for the responses. I have 2 sets of aids, one Bluetooth enabled and one set not. The enabled ones are not such good quality sound as the others so don't get used so much. A set of Widex aids will cost me over £8,000 so need some thought. A Bluetooth transmitter  I cannot find on Google so if site could be posted I'll be happy.  Something to replace my ailing Geemarc headset also will be appreciated.
> 
> Regards Roger
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu <igucukoglu at hotmail.com> 
> Sent: 30 October 2019 09:08
> To: BCAB Discussion List <bcab at lists.bcab.org.uk>
> Subject: Re: [BCAB] Induction Loops & Bluetooth
> 
> Hi Roger
> Your problem is a very common one and I see it fairly often. Basically you will need either a pair of hearing aids that can stream BluetoothDirectly or an accessory which when paired with your hearing aids enables Bluetooth streaming. This all depends on the manufacture of your hearing aids as to which accessory option might be appropriate. If you already have a Bluetooth enabled hearing aid or streamer for your hearing aids, and you want to use a non-Bluetooth enabled media device like an MP3 player or talking book reading machine, you can purchase an inexpensive Bluetooth adapter which will plug into the headphones socket of your device and stream the audio to your hearing aids via the streamer or directly to the hearing aids. I hope this makes sense and please get back to me if you have any further questions or concerns. Take care.
> 
>> On 30 Oct 2019, at 08:54, Roger <roger.south at sky.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Please forgive the cross posting but I wanted the largest possible audience.
>> I have for years used Induction loops for my device listening except 
>> for my mobile where I use a Bluetooth headset. This is getting a 
>> little flaky and will soon need replacing. I need a new MP3 player and portable DAISY player.
>> However the Gee marc headset is no longer sold and I cannot find a 
>> replacement manufacturer and the other devices do not seem to come 
>> fitted with induction loops any longer. I am told to switch to 
>> Bluetooth. My experience with this is it can also be heard by others 
>> around me whereas loops cannot. This means irritation to others which I do not want to do.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> My problem is I do not know where to go to get help from people who 
>> understand what I am talking about. A member of one of these lists 
>> said if I turned the volume up loud enough it would engage the loop. 
>> We are still rolling our eyes in disbelief at this one. I am not very 
>> gook on the phone so much prefer the emails but have no contact with 
>> either RNIB or RNID. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can move 
>> forward and solve my problem please.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Many thanks Roger
>> 
>> --
>> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can 
>> bring, please visit our website: 
>> https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
>> bcab.org.uk%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ced13ae4470a14a54d4ae08d75d16d69b%
>> 7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637080224973846593&sd
>> ata=LfUcVIEgftwxta5J%2FNNoZJkJ58hghZ%2B2rc2c0MVedqw%3D&reserved=0
>> Manage your subscription by logging in with your BCAB account details 
>> at : 
>> https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
>> bcab.org.uk%2Fuser_mailman_register&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ced13ae4470a1
>> 4a54d4ae08d75d16d69b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C6370
>> 80224973846593&sdata=PD9DQq55O6vA7HtT4QskMTxBJ7MKApSaLX8CEg%2FHzew
>> %3D&reserved=0 Access the publicly searchable list archives at: 
>> https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flist
>> s.bcab.org.uk%2Fpipermail%2Fbcab%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ced13ae4470a1
>> 4a54d4ae08d75d16d69b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C6370
>> 80224973846593&sdata=9Hok0KWH0N8DrLjlXB%2F7lfZ%2F4653uiytQqTKG8nsX
>> 38%3D&reserved=0 To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, 
>> please email: moderator at bcab.org.uk.
> --
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring, please visit our website: https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bcab.org.uk%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C6be95378e57944c3d70f08d75d263f34%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637080291172862417&sdata=J50pPNtSuHZeod01Hwp4PH5FMZ5OZrLIDd414ehDqiU%3D&reserved=0 Manage your subscription by logging in with your BCAB account details at : https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bcab.org.uk%2Fuser_mailman_register&data=02%7C01%7C%7C6be95378e57944c3d70f08d75d263f34%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637080291172862417&sdata=zdRMdADFBJ128PFgT8npK1mz0eu%2BicvvXAt5idhiW4o%3D&reserved=0
> Access the publicly searchable list archives at: https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.bcab.org.uk%2Fpipermail%2Fbcab%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C6be95378e57944c3d70f08d75d263f34%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637080291172862417&sdata=L8uuLLKJzXqZTHmbYn%2Bibct2%2B%2FRys8hbeS9b9BoPck8%3D&reserved=0
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email: moderator at bcab.org.uk.
> 
> 
> -- 
> To find out more about BCAB and the benefits that membership can bring, please visit our website: https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bcab.org.uk%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C6be95378e57944c3d70f08d75d263f34%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637080291172862417&sdata=J50pPNtSuHZeod01Hwp4PH5FMZ5OZrLIDd414ehDqiU%3D&reserved=0
> Manage your subscription by logging in with your BCAB account details at : https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bcab.org.uk%2Fuser_mailman_register&data=02%7C01%7C%7C6be95378e57944c3d70f08d75d263f34%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637080291172862417&sdata=zdRMdADFBJ128PFgT8npK1mz0eu%2BicvvXAt5idhiW4o%3D&reserved=0
> Access the publicly searchable list archives at: https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.bcab.org.uk%2Fpipermail%2Fbcab%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C6be95378e57944c3d70f08d75d263f34%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637080291172862417&sdata=L8uuLLKJzXqZTHmbYn%2Bibct2%2B%2FRys8hbeS9b9BoPck8%3D&reserved=0
> To discuss matters relating to the mailing list, please email: moderator at bcab.org.uk.


More information about the Bcab mailing list