[BCAB] Setting a windows 7 Hard drive back to Factory settings

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgson.io
Thu Oct 31 13:42:07 GMT 2019

Hi,

The Windows 10 stick would be used to boot an accessible setup installation program which gives you an option to wipe the hard drive.  Note this is wiping the disk and not setting to factory defaults, if you want factory defaults then you will need to go the route of running the recovery procedure depending on what type of laptop you have, and this will most likely not be accessible due to the Windows 7 PE not having speech support.

The reason I mentioned the disk wiping was because it appeared that you didn't want a usable system when you sent the laptop for recycling.  If the intent was to have the laptop used by someone else, then factory defaults may be the way to go, otherwise may not be worth going down that path.

Andrew.
-