[PPC] pocketpc won't work with netbook

Adrian Picton arh.picton at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 2 22:58:16 GMT 2014

Hi again Léonie,

Well thanks very much for your instructions because I am pleased to report we have a breakthrough.

Firstly I did as you instructed on the W8 laptop and NVDA loaded without any problem. I also tried Firefox from the Mazilla Firefox folder and that worked fine as well.

I then thought I’d try carrying out the same procedure on the Windows 7 32 bit desktop, fully expecting it not to work, but to my surprise, it did.

I have now therefore run Firefox and NVDA successfully from both machines. If I run these programs from the route directory though I still get the 32 bit error on the W7 machine and nothing happens on the W8 laptop.

Are you saying that the versions in the route directory are copies of the same applications and not shortcuts? If they are applications are they different versions to the ones in the System Configuration folder?

Anyway, I hope this helps you to sort the problem and at least I know there’s nothing wrong with my PPC itself.

Kind regards,

Adrian.