[PPC] NVDA on Windows ME

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Sat Feb 8 17:27:14 GMT 2014

Hi,

Truthfully I don't know whether this would work, Those older Windows versions used different technologies than 2k/XP and above, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

I take it you are trying to do a clean install of XP on the hard drive?  You can actually do an XP clean install, and it will prompt you to put the Windows ME disk in to verify you own a qualifying upgrade.  The running order would be like this:

1.  Wipe hard drive.
2.  Inser windows XP disk and boot from CD.
3.  Do the install of XP, during the install it will ask for a qualifying product.
4.  Insert Windows ME disk, continue.
5.  It checks the disk and then requests the XP disk again.

Ensure you can upgrade to SP3 as soon as possible after the install, I would recommend downloading this separately to a USB stick etc because a lot won't work without it.

Hope this helps.
Andrew.