[PPC] Expected Capacity

Léonie Watson leonie.watson at bcab.org.uk
Fri Feb 14 13:07:17 GMT 2014

Thank you David, Muzz and others for your comments.

When we began thinking about the PPC we started with a small drive. This was partly to keep the cost down and partly because we thought a smaller drive was the right choice.

Like all products, the PPC has evolved, and that means that people who bought earlier versions won't have all the features of later versions. This happens no matter which products you choose to buy.

We advertised the PPC with 512Mb initially. We then listened to feedback and increased the size of the drives a little time later. It's possible that in the future we'll change the drive capacity again, add new applications or other features, and so future versions of the PPC will become different again.

I hope this explains a little of the background to the situation.